Sublime Roast Potatoes
The roast potato is a classic complement to a cut of lamb or a hearty stew. While it's a simple thing to make, it seems that - well, many people online have trouble making it.
- Serves 4, as a side or appetiser
- 30 minutes to prepare and make
- 4-6 potatoes, or other starchy vegetables, such as kumara (sweet potato)
- A dash of olive oil, for baking
- 2-3 sprigs of rosemary
- Optionally, 1-2 sprigs of thyme
- Preheat the oven to 200°C390°F. Subdivide the potatoes into quarters (or alternatively, 3cm1 inch-thick rounds).
- Lay the slices on a papered baking tray, and drizzle the oil on top. Top with the herbs and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for at least 20 minutes, until they are fluffy in the centre and slightly crisp on the outside.